Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Using Primerica For Yourself

Everyone has something to say about Primerica. There are supporters, there are haters, and there are the people who just don't care but give their two cents in anyway. Whatever the case, it isn't about what Primerica is about or whether it is good or bad, it is about how can you use Primerica to your advantage (I'm not talking about making trillions of dollars from Primerica if thats what you think this blog is about). It's about looking at the bigger picture.

People's biggest mistake is not taking advantage of what is right in front of them. They don't take advantage of what is outside the box because they are so focused on what is inside the box. What I mean by that is Primerica supporters are looking at it as changing their lives and others by selling financial services, building their primerics business, and not having to do the 9-5. Primerica haters are looking at it as a scam, a pyramid, a financial services company that doesn't do the best for their clients. If both sides just looked at the bigger picture, we'd all be friends.

Ill just get straight to the point. Here's the secret that most people don't take advantage of in these scenarios because they do not think outside the box:

Networking. yes, that simple. IN ORDER TO SUCCEED IN LIFE OR GET WHERE TO WANT TO GO, YOU MUST NETWORK WITH AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN. In order to get into a particular company, you must meet with someone in that company. To move up in the corporate ladder you have to network and rub shoulders with the big boys or else they won't even know who you are. Ever hear the phrase, "everone is connected by 6 degrees of separation". Well, Primerica has 100,000+ licensed reps, thats not even including the thousands that are apart of Primerica but are not licensed. Also, you have clients that you also interact with apart of that "network". You are in contact with a huge network with so many backgrounds and so many different careers its ridiculous, where one connection can always lead you to another. If you don't meet someone that will get you ahead, you must be a mime or a mute. Everyone in Primerica is very positive and will always welcome you as a friend immediately from the day they meet you. It is your job now to befriend them as well and find out how this person can help you get where you want to be.

I'll give you examples:
My friend is a DJ and he is trying to break into the party planning business. He joins for just only $100 and $25 a month(optional). Now he is in contact with so many people that usually have family shindigs, both primerica reps and clients, that he can book a gig everyweekend charging $500-$1000 a gig, depending on the occassion. so tell me who won here? Primerica taking his $25, or him making $2000 from the people he met from Primerica?

I will now give you my example. I am in the process of getting my advertising and media company off the ground and I have met many people in Primerica that either ended up doing projects for me, became clients, or became investors in creating advertising campaigns for them. I have even used the people I recruited into Primerica as a foundation base for my own company. The great thing is that I know how they work and how hard they work because I seen them work in Primerica. If I were to interview a whole bunch of people I did not know to run an ad campaign, I would probably have a whole bunch of slackers on my hands (Why? because most people just bs and lie about themselves during interviews. Im guilty of it and I know your guilty of it).

Another example would be trying to find a job in your field. I assure you will find someone that will introduce you to someone that can get you into the doors of a place you want to work. If you are a nurse, you might meet someone that also works in a hospital that can get you in. or if you are an accountant, you might meet someone that knows a recruiter from the Big 4. Connections get you places. That's why linked in, facebook, fraternities, sororities etc are so important and popular.

So don't think of Primerica as Primerica. Think of Primerica as a huge network that can get you ahead. If you just use them, you won't be so bitter that they are using you. If you say you don't have to join Primerica to get a network, then I want you to tell me how else you can find a network this big that immediately becomes your warm market, aka friends, for your other plans in life, whatever that is. Even if you only stay a year, I bet you meet enough people for you to be on your way to whatever it is you are trying to do in your life, whether it is starting a company, like me and my friend, or just getting a job in your field.

THIS IS ONE OF THE GREATEST NETWORKS YOU CAN SUCCESSFULLY NETWORK IN. EVERYONE HAS OPEN MINDS AND OPEN ARMS. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT.

THINK OUT OF THE BOX.

No comments:

Post a Comment